Good Morning Everyone, how are you all this Monday morning in March 2020?
Never has this phrase felt so apt.
As a small business, we are all going through a shocking time and are having to find our ways through unprecedented events, so I thought it would be helpful to give you, my SME’s some pearls of wisdom at this time when it comes to marketing your business…
- Acknowledge what is happening, don’t ignore the situation, your posts will seem insensitive and won’t be relevant.
- Keep posting! This is so important. You may well have had to close your doors, but you still have customers/ followers who would love to hear from you, especially in these weird times.
- Avoid being sales-focused. If you have an offering online that’s great, mention it but don’t stress it.
- Be more human with what you post. We are all feeling vulnerable and we relate to other people’s vulnerability. Try to avoid too much emotion.
- Use your stories on Instagram as an uplifting area for your followers.
- Keep following and collaborating! The world is still turning.
- Don’t feel ashamed to be selling, people are still buying!
- Use the time we have to try out new approaches on social. If you haven’t done much video or live stories – give it a whirl!
- Finally, remain positive with your overall message. We will come through this and every cloud and all that…